Ever thought of downloading Windows Updates from their site without using ‘Automatic Updates’? If you are a ‘techie’ you must have thought of it at least once. Here is a simple way to do this :
- Go to the Windows Update Web Site. Make sure you open it in Internet Explorer, for some reason this site wont open in any other browsers!
- In the left panel, under Other Options, select “Personalize Windows Update”.
- Under “Set Options for Windows Update”, select the checkbox for “Display the Link to Windows Update Catalog under ‘See Also’”, then click “Save Settings”.
- Go back to the Windows Update web site.
- In the left pane, under “See Also”, select “Windows Update Catalog”.
- Select “Find Updates for Microsoft Operating Systems”.
- Select the operating system and language of your choice.
- Select “Critical Updates and Service Packs”.
- Select all of the patches you’d like to download.
- Then click on “Go to download basket” to download them..