Recently, my dad switched from LG KP500 (also known as LG Cookie) to Nokia C5. He had about 400+ contacts save in good old ‘cookie’, he asked me to transfer them all to the nokia c5. I tried to sent the contacts via bluetooth, but unfortunately Nokia only accepts the first file and it ignores the rest. I googled but found nothing. After some digging on the topic I found this simple way to solve the problem:
- Backup the contacts in your old mobile using its PC Suite to your computer (.vcf format preferred), in my case I used LG PC Suite II to backup.
- Copy all the files into the memory card of your Nokia mobile at the folder MemoryCard:/Other/Contacts
- If the Contacts folder doesn’t exist, create one.
- Open Phone’s Contacts option and select Options -> Create Backup -> Memory card to phone
- tada… all your contacts will now be imported!!